LED technology supports smooth changes between illumination levels
Investors no longer have to choose between energy savings and safety, as multilevel dimming makes it possible to design a system according to the needs of car parks’ users.
Dimming is a feature that makes it possible to cut energy consumption and minimize light pollution, while still providing strong enough light when needed. Functional and people-friendly dimming only became possible with the development of LED technology, which supports smooth changes between illumination levels. Most other technologies do not support dimming, and if they do, dimming comes with very limited dimming levels.
An example of multilevel dimming depending on the time of the day or certain logic is dimming of lights an hour after store closing.
Motion sensors, cameras and a system for managing individual lights or groups of them can be added to improve monitoring and safety.
We recommend using the following solutions for car parks:
• taking into account the working hours of the car park and the usual number of users,
• lighting with good vertical illumination,
• adequate high illumination according to the IESNA standard which helps prevent car burglaries and theft,
• a central management system for remotely managing the lights separately or in groups,
• additional features, such as installation of cameras,
• mounting at height of up to 4.5 m for small car parks, and up to 12 m for large car parks.